Dear Polk Cougars,
Thank you for your patience during this time. We remain dedicated to the teaching and learning of each of our students. We also know that the health and safety of our community is our utmost priority. This message is meant to ensure that you are aware of critical information during this unusual time in our school year:
1. Governor Gary Herbert has directed that schools take preventative measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Monday and Tuesday, March 16 & 17, schools are closed. These two days will be planning days for teachers to prepare to deliver curriculum and instruction remotely to students. No classes will be held and no meals will be provided these two days.
2. Wednesday, March 18th through Friday, March 27th there will be no classes. Teachers at Polk Elementary have been working hard to prepare at home learning experiences for all students. The at home learning experiences will take approximately three hours each school day. At home learning packets can be picked up at Polk Elementary on Wednesday, March 18 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM in the following designated areas:
-Kindergarten: South East doors, next to the dock
-1st grade: Main entrance doors
-2nd grade: North doors, old school entrance
-3rd grade: North doors at the bottom of the steps
-4th grade: North doors, old school entrance
-5th grade: Playground doors
-6th grade: Portable 11E If you have multiple children you will need to visit the various locations to pick up their materials.
3. Some of the 2nd -6th grade at home learning experiences request digital access. ChromeBooks will be available for check out for families that do not have an electronic device at home. Our supplies will only allow us to issue one device per family. These devices will be available for check out on Wednesday, March 18 in Portable 11A. Parents/Guardians must be present to check out ChromeBooks.
4. All athletics and extracurricular activities are canceled through April 3rd when the school dismissal and our Spring Break are planned to conclude. This includes tryouts, practices, concerts, and rehearsals.
5. Ogden City School District is committed to continuing to provide breakfast and lunch for all children ages 0-18 throughout the community. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18th, a grab and go breakfast and lunch will be provided at Polk Elementary at the dock entrance, just south of the Kindergarten pick up area. Meals will be available each weekday from 7:30 AM- 12:30 PM. You will be able to pick up both meals at the same time. Drive through is recommended. There will be no need to leave your vehicle. Both meals will be handed through the window. Walk-ups are welcome.
6. No school buses will be running.
7. If you do not have internet access at home, Comcast is offering 2 months of free internet for qualifying families. Check your eligibility at: https://www.internetessentials.com/ 855-846-8376 Current Polk Office Hours: 8:00 AM-1:00PM
For Questions about School Dismissal Contact Polk Elementary Office at 801-737-8301 We care about each of you and we thank you for supporting our students, our employees, and our neighborhoods. Please contact us with questions. Thank you!
We hope this message finds you healthy and refreshed after Spring Break. We miss each of you and are looking forward to welcoming you back after this school dismissal period. There is a lot of information in this email so please read carefully.
Per Governor Herbert's "Stay-Home, Stay-Safe" directive, we are asking that any employees whose role do not fit within the essential, on-site personnel responsibilities telecommute and perform work related responsibilities from home. In order to comply with this directive, we will continue to have office hours from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday. You may reach out to the office by phone at 801-737-8301. Any in-person visits will need to be made by appointment only. For more information regarding Stay Safe, Stay Home, see https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
If you would like to purchase a yearbook. Here is where you can purchase one.
The cost is $13.00 each and we are only accepting online orders only at this time. All orders must be made by April 10, 2020.
We want to make sure you know that there has been a change in the lunch and breakfast serving times. Meals are now distributed from 8:30 am to Noon.
Students who are in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd or 4th grade should be finishing the packets that previously were passed out and finish that work by Friday April 10th.
Students who are in 3rd, 5th or 6th grade will be starting curriculum that is entirely through Google Classroom starting today, Monday April 6th.
All students will be transitioned to a completely online program by Monday, April 13th.
Parents, please watch for a weekly email for student incentives . We will be sending out a Google form. It will have a brief description and simple assignment for your students that if completed will allow them to be entered in drawings for some fun prizes. Prizes will then be mailed to your home.
We miss our students! Please stay safe during our school dismissal. If we can be of any help, do not hesitate to reach out to us.